Sunday, April 7, 2013

kxBox->setColor( const SColor& newColor );

So in the interest of moving forward faster, as well as in keeping with the kyuplex philosophy of simplicity, I've refactored the color part of kxBox.  It came about during my development of the kxBoxPlugin maxscript rather accidentally because for some reason I couldn't get a regular irrlicht material to render any color other than white, even though I changed it's DiffuseColor, AmbientColor, SpecularColor properties.  It just kept rendering white.  The way I was getting colors before was with simple png textures that were just small solid colors.  Inefficient I know, but it was an ad hoc solution for the time being.  Ultimately I did want to set colors in kyuplex by value, and keep textures and materials to a minimum.  Now that my plugin script is shaping up, I'm quite happy with this color picking pipeline +



No comments:

Post a Comment